• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REI

JESSE A

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys kind of off topic, but im looking for a job there and and having some trouble, any one work there? or know anyone that does? come on naxja help me out lol

i had no idea, thanks for the info maybe ill be rethinking that lol

Hey man, got to pay the bills. Or better yet, maybe you can get into their upper ranks and make some changes.

Naxja sleeper cell FTW!

Hey man, got to pay the bills. Or better yet, maybe you can get into their upper ranks and make some changes.

Naxja sleeper cell FTW!

lol not i bad idea!!!! I was just looking at them because they have good benifits, and decent pay and its somthing that im interested in,......not trying to offend anyone :)

lol not i bad idea!!!! I was just looking at them because they have good benifits, and decent pay and its somthing that im interested in,......not trying to offend anyone :)

Business is slow i take it? Good luck on he Job hunt. :)

Work is work and if the benefits are good and they hire you.....take it. If someone else wants to pay your bills........haha

x2 NAXJA sleeper cell!!!!

This could be a great opportunity for you and the Off Roading community! I am so sick and tired of hearing companies (REI, Camelbak, and more) getting on the bandwagon with green peace and tree hugging fluff. Most of the time, it's really due to their lack of knowlege about off roading. They think we go out there and tear everyting up like a bunch of careless humans. Actually, if you read the threads in here most of the talk is about how beautiful a run was, trail repair and "pack in pack out" mentality.

I say get hired and inform them. Let them know how the majority of off roaders are responsible and tread lightly. That it's less about tearing up a trail and more about being able to explore the backroads of our county. Let them know how, not necessarily a nature thing, but how challenging trails can be to negotiate in a 4x4 and the satisfaction we get. Let them know about groups such as TDS, SDORC, ASA, ORBA and CORVA all work in conjuction with the BLM and Cal State Parks in order to come together when threats of land closures present themselves.

It's not a perfect world, but when everyone says, "Oh that's cool." just because Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie jump on some idea they are so out of touch on reality with (you know, cause they live in the real world, right?) it just pisses me off, if you couldn't tell.

In regards to the off road groups above, if you haven't already checked them out, do it. SDORC holds a monthly meeting and assists with many events in our SoCal desert. The ASA is also a good one based out of Arizona. If anything, toss them a donation here and there and help to help lobby to keep our lands open.

Sorry for the rant, good luck with your employment hunt/opportunity. REI does have some cool stuff!

Back