• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring harness compatibility

Dads XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Will an under dash wiring harness from a 97 xj work in a 2000 xj? I put a 99 harness in that had the sentury key option and I'm starting to think that it's causing a lot of headaches. The 97 does not have the security option.

you said that you changed the colum.is there a key lit in the dash.a tried swaping computers and activated the security option in the one that didnt have it and had to buy a computer.that is a nasty system.even my dealer guy can not turn it off cause it is done by another company for crysler

only a few things changed between those years, but I'm not sure it will work. The HVAC blend door control system is one thing that may cause issues, I am fairly certain a 97 had the old cable driven style and the 2000 probably has the electronic servo version so the 97 won't have the wiring or connectors needed for it to work.

Also I'm pretty sure if the 2000 didn't have sentry key in the first place, it will ignore it as long as you don't plug the sentry module from the 99 harness in? I'm not too clear on how that all worked.

Back