• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems with heat need some real help.

j0hnb0y1989

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well i have been chasing this this heat problem down for awhile and i am losing faith that i will ever have heat again.

The problem i only get luke warm heat from plain defrost position.

Things i have checked
Temp 200-210
new water pump and radiator
the upper heater hose is hot and the lower one is mild so the core is exchanging heat.

I pulled the motor off the blend door and i can freely move the blend door and the temp changes as i move it but luke warm is all i can get.

So any real help with this i would be really grateful i am sick of freezing on the way to work.

what year/engine size

I'm also chasing heat issues. most guys will recommend that you back flush the heater core. Just disconnect both lines from the core and put a low pressure water hose to it. if you don't get a lot of gunk out from one side, do the other. go both ways to be thorough. don't use too high pressure, so as not to blow out your heater core.

the upper heater hose is hot and the lower one is mild so the core is exchanging heat.

How mild are we talking? There should not be THAT much of a difference. I mean you should not be able to wrap your hand around either without your hand starting to hurt real quick.

I had a similar problem, and I flushed the heck out of the core and it got MUCH better, but it is still not as hot as it should be. I would recommend doing what Figet360 suggested and try some chemical radiator flush, the kind you leave in and drive. If it was not so cold I would have gone with the chemical flush and I think I would have gotten better results.

Back