• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snowshoeing 1-22-11

jakeWI

NAXJA Forum User
jeepBW.jpg

So its been awhile since I was able to get out and take an adventure. Work as kept me busy and tired.

WisconsinPrairieBW.jpg

Saturday morning, my girlfriend Angela and I woke up and headed over to Richard Bong State Recreation Area. Living so close for so long, I have actually never hiked the area. We were going to try the Vista trail which is about 1 mile long but it ended up being closed for winter. So then we headed over to the visitor center to get updates on trails and a map. We ended up choosing the Blue trail which is 4.2 miles long.

The Blue trail takes you through prairie, woodlands and wetlands. It also takes you all around Wolf Lake. It was a great hike. A little long for not hiking for months haha. The snow was anywhere from 6" to 12" in places and the temperature was around 15 degrees with whatever the windchill was that day.

Angela having to re-adjust her snow shoe haha:
P1220006.jpg

Angela and I out on the trail:
P1220007.jpg

Some beautiful South Eastern Wisconsin prairie land (that is part of the frozen over Lake Wolf in the background):
P1220009.jpg

Saturday morning, my girlfriend Angela and I woke up and headed over to Richard Bong State Recreation Area.

I bet that sign gets stolen a lot. :roflmao:

Snowshoeing is a blast. My wife and I get out several times a winter. Great way to see some the back country in the winter. :cheers:

Thanks. The sign is pretty big to try and steal haha.

Yeah her and I try to get out as much as we can. It just been very cold this way for a while.

Say Hi to my cousin Joe as you pass him in Wind Lake.

Back