• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good parts yards

96XJ9705

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a good auto parts yard between Palm Springs and Victorville to find some parts for my XJ and am looking for suggestions. Mainly looking for selection and price. The local yards are too high so any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

I thought the one on 395 on the North side of Adelanto had a decent selection of XJs and Grands but I haven't been there in about half a year so I don't know if that's changed. I checked out the one off of Air Base Rd in Victorville and the one in Hesperia off I Ave. and I didn't think they were as good.

Don't know much about prices at any of them.

~R

The Pick-a-part off the 60 and miliken always has a good selection of XJ's. They usually have 20-30 XJ's. There pricing is average. Not great, but not bad. I go their occassionally and usually find what I need. Except for a damn white 98+ front clip. Been looking for one for a long time and they are always picked the second the vehicle is brought in.

You guys forgot about the one off the 10 fwy exit waterman north and its on 6th street in SB. I have been there and it was ok... big yard too couple hand fulls of xj and zjs. Pyrite off the 60 fwy has 50% off on the 5,6 of Feb. Go when the Super bowl is on and you might be the only kid in the yard. I might do that :D

The Pick-a-part off the 60 and miliken always has a good selection of XJ's. They usually have 20-30 XJ's. There pricing is average. Not great, but not bad. I go their occassionally and usually find what I need. Except for a damn white 98+ front clip. Been looking for one for a long time and they are always picked the second the vehicle is brought in.

20-30?? Hardly. There was fewer than 10 on Saturday, which is about average. There was a 97+ white 2-door and a 97+ 4-door and 2 MJs. The old guy there told me that PYP just bought the Millikan yard and the Monrovia yard.

There was also a red 2000 4-door XJ at the Pyrite yard.

20-30?? Hardly. There was fewer than 10 on Saturday, which is about average. There was a 97+ white 2-door and a 97+ 4-door and 2 MJs. The old guy there told me that PYP just bought the Millikan yard and the Monrovia yard.

There was also a red 2000 4-door XJ at the Pyrite yard.

The last time I went I was asked to take note on what XJ's were there from a couple different NAXJA guys. I wrote down the different colors, years, and which t-case. My list had 23 vehicles. This included all year XJs and a couple MJ's. So the 20-30 number seemed accurate. Thinking about it, 30 is high. Maybe around 20 is what I should have said. If there was less then 10, that is abnormal. I have been going to that yard for years getting parts for different vehicles and they have always had a good XJ section.

Ok, these sound like a good start. I just hate to pick the first ones that show up on a web search and find out they are either picked over or a bunch of yahoo's that over value dead cars. I've been to those before and rarely come out with what I was looking for. The last good one I've been to (a few years ago) was a Pick-n-pull up in Spokane, WA. Wish I would have known then what all I was looking for as I didn't load up on nearly enough parts.

One last question, if I go looking for rear disc brakes, do you know if these yards require you to buy the whole axle or can I seperate things out?
Thanks again!

Every time I hit up the jy in San Bernardino there is usually 8-10ish xj's in there at one time; although most of the time you will find pre-97, I was there last week or so and there was one 97+ and it was pretty much picked.

Ok, these sound like a good start. I just hate to pick the first ones that show up on a web search and find out they are either picked over or a bunch of yahoo's that over value dead cars. I've been to those before and rarely come out with what I was looking for. The last good one I've been to (a few years ago) was a Pick-n-pull up in Spokane, WA. Wish I would have known then what all I was looking for as I didn't load up on nearly enough parts.

One last question, if I go looking for rear disc brakes, do you know if these yards require you to buy the whole axle or can I seperate things out?
Thanks again!

I asked the yard about an axle and the guy said there is a core charge for your old one basically they want your old one then refund some of your money back, i'm not sure about just the brakes from the axle call them and ask

Thanks Inland! I've got to give them and the other yards a call before I head that way. I'm trying to decide what tools I can pack in my luggage (I'm stopping on the way back home) without getting them swiped by the TSA.

Ok, thanks for all the suggestions, I ended up going to the one off of 6th in San Bernardino. Got a drive shaft, rear disc calipers, and rear disc backing plates for about 50.00 more than the local yard wanted for just the drive shaft. Now I need to get rotors and new pads and I'll be setting up rear discs and a rear SYE and driveshaft. Thanks again for the help!

I went to 4 locations of pick a parts today Anaheim, Staton, Ontario and San Bernadino and finally got a completed set of rear disc conversion with complete e-brake cable for $86.00 total and $70.00 for the rear rotors and paking brake shoe from local Pep Boys. I am ready to convert the spare C8.25 29 spline to run on my XJ. Maybe not doing the Ford 8.8 but who know.

You got a better deal than I did. I should have reattached the calipers to the backing plates. I had to bum tools off the others there as I only brought a few little wrenches for the driveline. I found a ZJ with the rear diff cover off and one shaft out so figured thats as close as I was going to get to a sign that I needed to take the disc brakes off. Forgot to get the soft brake line off so now I need to get those and discs and pads. Sometime this summer I should be ready for this conversion and to find out if I have a 27 or 29 spline 8.25.

Congrats though on getting the whole kit!

I paid $56.00 for 2 calibers and the e-brake cable and this is a 50% off in Anahein and I think this is ripoff. I picked the rest in SB for $32.00 and this is a regular price. I was at pick a part last time in the late 90's so maybe the price changed.

I went to 4 locations of pick a parts today Anaheim, Staton, Ontario and San Bernadino and finally got a completed set of rear disc conversion with complete e-brake cable for $86.00 total and $70.00 for the rear rotors and paking brake shoe from local Pep Boys. I am ready to convert the spare C8.25 29 spline to run on my XJ. Maybe not doing the Ford 8.8 but who know.

Do you recall if there were any 97-01 in Stanton or Anaheim

I don't know where all those 98 up, white front clips are going.:looney::looney:

Back