• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air tanks?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I got a big vertical garage air compressor and the tank has rusted through...... %$((&*#$@)(*#@$ does anyone know where I can get a decent replacement tank?

Thanks

i think my pops has an 80 gallon with a burned up motor he may be willing to sell.. i'ld have to ask him...

i think my pops has an 80 gallon with a burned up motor he may be willing to sell.. i'ld have to ask him...

how is the pump on that? mine on my 60 gal sanborn is wasted and the pump is obsolete so i can no longer get parts. motor and tank is good but can allways upgrade to an 80 gal if it is a good tank. if OB isnt interested, i am.

How'd you manage to rust out a tank anyway. My shop compressor is older than the two of us put together and we finally had to put a motor in it about five years ago. Plus before I got there the boss NEVER drained it :)

How'd you manage to rust out a tank anyway. My shop compressor is older than the two of us put together and we finally had to put a motor in it about five years ago. Plus before I got there the boss NEVER drained it :)

No clue.... It is leaking out of the side and then I drained it and got a whole pan of rusty water.

not that its the case here, but cheaper compressors come with cheaper tanks. wall thickness and welds change considerably. even older tanks on a good quality compressor will be a better tank than a new one on a cheaper compressor. just sayin.

I just installed the auto purge from HF, $9.99 and then go replace the lines they give you with copper and it works great.

I never drained mine before as it was in the back room hard to get to, now every time the motor turns on it drains for a few seconds.

Not to hijack the thread, but WebDog do you have the link to that HF item? My tank is in the garage loft behind all the storage, forget draining it!

Perfect, thanks guys

Back