• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New addition to the family

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a WJ a couple weeks back and had a few projects I wanted to do to it. I finally got around to taking pics. It's an 02 Overland v8 HO, with quadradrive, and the 5 speed auto. What a HUGE improvement over my wifes Explorer, which we traded to get this. In regards to what I have done; repaird the blend door issue, repaired the heated seats, installed the up-country suspension package and a 2" lift. In total I got about 3" of lift. I installed some rough county shocks, picked up the 17" moab rims, and installed some 31.5"x10.5 tires. This isn't a wheeler, my XJ covers those duties. I just wanted somthing a little taller so my wife isn't smashing the plastic bumpers in the snow. Here's some pics.

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02259.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02263.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02267.jpg

That looks nice n comfy! Black Powder coat on the wheels would look nice too. Just glad you didn't put some gay wheels on it! ;)

That looks nice n comfy! Black Powder coat on the wheels would look nice too. Just glad you didn't put some gay wheels on it! ;)

I wanted to powder coat the wheels as well but my wife put an end to that thought. I couldn't really argue with her since it's her car. She likes how they look now so they will stay that way.

The Dub J looks real nice with those wheels but she might want some more aggressive tire soon in the snow. Good job picking this one up. I almost bought one maybe i could get the wife to trade in her japanese car;)

Where did you get your rear bumper for your xj and if you dont mind how much was it. looks nice.

Skullver (Chris Culver) another NAXJA member built them. The front and rear bumpers are awesome. I have beat the hell out of them over the last couple years and they still look great. I have no idea if he would be interested in building more, but it couldn't hurt to shoot him a PM. If he won't, I'm sure webdog (Max) would be happy to build you some.

Looks nice, super clean...

Yeah I was pretty excited when I first went to look at it down in Balboa. It had been garaged it's whole life and it showed. I was even more excited that it had the heater/ac blend door issue so I could really haggle the price down. This should be a good vehicle for my wife.

Back