• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case part #?

XJJD

NAXJA Forum User
Well Rugged Ridge apparently decided it was unnecessary to include new circlips in the SYE kit. So I am on a mission to find a new "main shaft mode gear retaining ring" on an NP231 does anyone know where I can find the part number or a suitable substitute? Thanks.

They dodn't include one because you are supposed to re-use yours.

It broke and yea i know you’re supposed to re-use it according to the Rugged Ridge instructions. In my experience and opinion reusing a circlip especially in a place where safety is of a concern is never a good idea, the circlip is, 3 dollars, 3 bucks, 3 duckets, 3 fun tickets is it really worth it? If I had to pay another 3 fun tickets for the kit and it came with the circlip I would still have bought the kit and I wouldn't be waiting a week to get one from the dealer.

Since a circlip isn't wear part, and if you don't bend or mangle it there is no reason not to reuse.

I have a couple buckets of parts from t-cases, if you get the diameter and style I may have one I could throw in the mail.

Since a circlip isn't wear part, and if you don't bend or mangle it there is no reason not to reuse.

I have a couple buckets of parts from t-cases, if you get the diameter and style I may have one I could throw in the mail.

Thanks but they were only 3 bucks at the dealer I ordered two just in case, they should be here Wed.

Back