• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

King of the Hammers for 2011

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
If any of you are going and don't have this link, here is the latest Hammerking newsletter with the weeks schedule and a map of Hammertown.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/News-from-Hammerking-Productions-Inc-.html?soid=1103760552326&aid=Hbe8DaGzwRk

We're going to be in pit tent P23. We're pitting for 3 teams, Sean Rose, Travis Watford, and Rob Usnick. All three are already qualified for KOH, so no LCQ. If you have any interest in working in the pits, we can use a few more good hands. This is a fun group, and with only two pit locations and 3 cars there should be plenty of action in the pits. Let me know if you're interested.

Unfortunately, I won't be racing this year. We were entered into the LCQ but my racing partner Fred Hill had some health issues and spent a month in and out of the hospital. He's OK, but won't be in shape to race KOH and there was no way to get the car ready in time. I raced with Fred at both the Rausch Creek Qualifier in PA and in the SMORR Qualifier in MO during the last year, but we had mechanical problems both times and didn't get qualified for KOH. We're going to go for it again this year. We pitted with Sean and Travis in those races, so we're going to work the pits for them this KOH since we're not racing.

I'll be out there all week tuning shocks for Sean and pre-running. Should be one helluva week, as always.

I'm currently planning on helping out in the pits with McGyver's group, but they should have plenty of help anyway so if yall are short handed just let me know. I'll probably drive out Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

I'll be arriving Saturday afternoon thru Saturday...

We don't have a pit tent, just a couple of enclosed trailers. My black 96 XJ on 33s, with HD roof rails will be there.

mac '302' gyvr

I'll have my slightly beat up buggy (no time to fix a few things after a bad roll at CalRocs) and my beat up blue XJ on 33's with a big G&G sticker on the rear side window. I'll be getting there late Sunday morning.

Since I have a rallyX that weekend, I'll probably tow the XJ to KOH and head straight to Glen Helen after the Friday race. I'll go ahead and offload the RX'er for transportation to the spectator areas. If I get stuck with this low-boy, someone pull me out.

Of course, first I have to get it out of Goatman's shop.(hint):wave1:

pics from last year i took look what ur missing .lol

017.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

010.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Unless it's muddy, there will be plenty of area to camp on the lake bed. Also plenty of area immediately around the lake bed.

Since I have a rallyX that weekend, I'll probably tow the XJ to KOH and head straight to Glen Helen after the Friday race. I'll go ahead and offload the RX'er for transportation to the spectator areas. If I get stuck with this low-boy, someone pull me out.

Of course, first I have to get it out of Goatman's shop.(hint):wave1:

Gotta get it done so I can work on mine.

:)

so where would be an ideal area to park/camp? this will be my second time going to JV and when i went i parked in the lake bed but from what i read it limited to KOH staff pits etc....

yea just around everywhere is fine .. the pits are all packed in . just go farthest on boone u can over near the hill near back door is usually where naxja is

So are the trails over crowded on saturday or is it worth trying to run a few? Trying to decide if i should just bring the bikes out or load up the Jeep.

There will be plenty of people running trails, but there are lots of trails, plus a lot of people will be at the awards ceremony on Sat morning and then heading home. So....... ?

yea just around everywhere is fine .. the pits are all packed in . just go farthest on boone u can over near the hill near back door is usually where naxja is

Actually last year, we were more south, but yes back torwards the end of the actual population, about 1/2 mile south of back door, and about even with it (east/west)... I think :) - I was on a liquid diet...

Does anyone know where they will be running the LCQ? The stuff I looked up on the schedule said it was a 3 mile course, which means it would have to be close to the lake bed and relatively short. I'm trying to decide if it will be worth going out for it.

From Goatman's link in the OP:
Tuesday's schedule: "8:00 am 4 Wheel Parts Last chance Qualifier be-gins. 1- 35 teams will race on a 3-mile closed course."

Back