• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix CPS sources???????

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Has any one had problems with new Autozone Renix CPSs?

Are they all the same, or are some brands, sources better? If so why???

Thanks.

Re: Renix CPS spources???????

So who has good ones?

dealership (OEM) ones are best. I got mine from Advance Auto - no problems to date.

Autozone is crap

dealership (OEM) ones are best. I got mine from Advance Auto - no problems to date.

Autozone is crap

So who makes the AA and Dealer ones, actual manufacturer. I think the Azone I bought was Standard, but I can't be sure.

Is the dealers already slotted?

FWIW, the Azone one I bought in 2006 is still working in my 87.

Last edited:

So who makes the AA and Dealer ones, actual manufacturer. I think the Azone I bought was Standard, but I can't be sure.

Is the dealers already slotted?

whomever they can get it from.

I saw two different styles in the pictures @ rockauto. One with a black wire and one with a grey wire. So that's likely the two manufacturers, I'm willing to bet that all the new ones with black wires came out of the same factory, no matter where you bought it from.

I do not know of any that are pre-slotted.

Has any one had problems with new Autozone Renix CPSs?

Are they all the same, or are some brands, sources better? If so why???

Thanks.
I got mine from Autozone.....been running it for two years now with no problems.....YET. Can't remember the brand tho.

Autozone is duralast brand, manufactured by Wells: "Wells offers extensive application information and technical support via its Tech Line at 1-800-558-9770,"

NAPA shows Echlin and Mileage Plus, both look like NAPA in house brands?

O'Reilly has Master prod and BWD brands.

Advanced is showing BWD brabd, same as O'Reilly. Summit has one by Standard, but all the photos of all of them, including Ebay, all look like the same source part.

Check RockAuto.com They had a clearance going for Renix CPS's and they were around $15

Check RockAuto.com They had a clearance going for Renix CPS's and they were around $15

THANKS! You the MAN! :D LOL.

I just ordered 3 next day air, at an average delivered cost of $21

Can't beat that with a stick even!

you ordered how many? LOL

you ordered how many? LOL

I have 2 running (when they agree to LOL) Renix, and one body, and a spare engine....., at that price I stocked up! 2 of the renix XJs have been DDs lately! Local stores are getting $33 to $38. hell I should order them all and sell the rest on Ebay!

Back