• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who needs an XJ unibody part? XJ carcass in Whittier!

cheapcherokee93

<----boat-manche
my friend parted out an 87 XJ and its almost all stripped and gone, so whats left is the carcass and some other things as well. if you need to cut something out of the carcass let me know and i'll give you more details of when and where you can go cut out your sheet metal. its unmolested, never been off road. the floorboards are not rusted, so they would be a good donor for someone with a rusted out floor. I think my friend has a plasma cutter, so cutting out stuff should be pretty easy. this is for a limited time only since its getting scrapped this SATURDAY, and i'll be there along with some other guys on thursday night working on another XJ, so thursday night would be an ideal time to come. anyways, PM me for details

PM sent. What time are you guys starting on Thursday and where in Whittier?

I have a friend that needs the drivers side window pillar. He rolled onto that side and damaged his. I sent a PM request for the address as I live in Whittier as well.

PMs replied.

Update: my friend does have a plasma, but he's not very comfortable with letting strangers use it, so its either bring your own sawzall, or you can pay him to cut out the pieces with the plasma, and price will depend on how much work needs to be done. i have no idea how much he would charge though so i would just bring a sawzall.

Going, going gone.........

And just that quick another XJ was "towed" (strapped into the bed of an old Chevy pickup) away to Cherokee heaven where all XJ's have more than enough horsepower and never leak oil. :bawl:

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

As far as I know it was shipped off for scrap, which was a real shame as it was an unmolested, rustfree 1987 which had never been in even the slighted accident. Original miles were only 94,000. As you can see the paint still had shine to it.

Would have like to have seen it make a home somewhere else than the scrap heap.

Only damage was an injection fire in the engine compartment that also melted some of the rubber and plastic in the fire wall.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Back