• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting and balancing

Peacefrog53

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get some tires mounted and balanced, and these shops are charging $25/tire. WTF? Wally world said they will only M&B brand new tires with the sticker, but charge $10. Anyone in socal have any connects to get this taken care off? I will pay, just not $125.

I mount them myself in the driveway, by standing on the tire.

Drop a few ounces of airsoft pellets in each to balance them.

Where in OC are you at? The tire store I go to usually is about $12, "Dealers Tire" on Harbor in Fullerton.

If you got access to a bob cat use it/a wooden plank to pop the bead, then use some tire spoons to take it off the wheel/vise versa to get it back on.

Wow. I didn't even think to try it myself. WAIT. Balancing wth airsoft pellets??? Tell me your joking.

And I'm in Foothill Ranch. Fullerton isn't too far away.
I think i'll attempt this myself. I heard about the splash a little gas inside and light it up, but... :flamemad:lol.

Thank you guys very much.

Wow. I didn't even think to try it myself. WAIT. Balancing wth airsoft pellets??? Tell me your joking.

It works and can adjust for damaged tread blocks etc. as the tires wear and come out of balance. Same basic stuff they sell here, just rebadged.

Get the solid white ones the "real" airsoft guys use (0.2g iirc), the clear plastic (0.15g iirc) are cheaper and tend to have burrs that could scratch up the inner lining of your tire.

Last edited:
Theres bound to be cheaper places dude, just have to look for them. Stop going to Midas! haha Pick up the yellow pages and call around. Walmart only mounts and balances new stock tires as already stated above. Or you could just get the BB's, but still have to mount the tires....Got my tires mounted and balanced for 8 bucks each.

I think I'm going to call Jeff. Lol. If that falls through I'm going to buy some HF metal. :wierd: I need to peel the old wheels off first, then put the new ones on so HF might have to do.

And I would never, in a million bagillion years, go to Midas. If I can't fix it myself, then i'll just really screw it up, and buy some new parts.

EErrgghh... 2nd day shipping isn't fast enough when wheels are on order...
:rattle:I want my wheels..

Back