• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A "new" heater problem, I think...

JBurian

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I had the usual blown resistor problem with the fan only blowing on high. Put a new switch in, replaced the resistor, went ahead and added a new fan, and also added relays to the wiring so the fan gets power straight from the battery. Everything is working fine except "third" speed on the fan defaults to "low". The switch is working (turns on the relays), all the wiring tests okay. So...why doesn't "third" blow like it should??

'94 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L, AW4

Thanks,
Jeff

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Like I said, everything checks great, except that the "3rd" blower speed defaults back to "low". I double-checked the relays and they are all working. Currently, I'm at a loss.... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Remove power from the circuit.

Use your ohm meter to measure resistance through the pack at various settings. Could be a faulty switch or resistor pack, or you missed something when wiring in the relays.

Back