• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code reader jack on 1995 XJ?

XJ16FW

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a OBD 1 jack on a 1995 XJ? I crawled under the panel (on the drivers side) and didn't see one.

Is there a 1995 XJ FSM anywhere online? Yea, I saw te sticky about not posting any on NAXJA.

Is there a OBD 1 jack on a 1995 XJ? I crawled under the panel (on the drivers side) and didn't see one.

The data link connector is by the PCM under the hood.

Is there a 1995 XJ FSM anywhere online? Yea, I saw te sticky about not posting any on NAXJA.

Naxja forum rules also prohibit posting of links to copyrighted materials.

Your best bet is a Bishko LICENSED copy of the FSM on CD, about $37 bucks plus shipping. The Bishko manuals are sometimes offered on ebay at a lower price.

1. You need a code scanner/reader that is OBDI capable.

2. You need the appropriate cable for your OBDI capable scanner/reader.

just coming on here to post a similar question. sounds like something like this would do the trick:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Actr...Z130475145188QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

however, i don't have $300 floating around and am struggling to find what would be comparable to the dealership's DRB II scan tool? i am mainly interested in the testing functions for the sensors.

I was THIS close into talking my wife's uncle (GM of a chrysler dealership in MD) to letting me borrow his DRB 2, but to no avail. can't even find on on ebay, i assume they are crazy expensive there anyway.

I believe the Chryco DRB III is upwards of $5000; DRB II somewhat less, and the original DRB the best I have ever seen one on eBay was about $600-$700.

A Snap-On MT2500 "Brick" with the correct cartridges and cables can read Renix/OBDI/OBDII and would run about $300 or slightly less.

My current scanner is the Actron CP9145 and it reads OBDI and OBDII as long as you have the correct OBDI cables for the application.

Does the key trick for codes even work for 91-95?

Joe - your Actron CP9145, does it just read the codes, or can you test sensors as well (like the DRB 2 ?)

Okie - yes, the key trick will return any stored codes for the 91-95.

OK, found it. Is there an adapter to any current model code readers?

"About a 91"??

I am HO illiterate, that's what I could remember from looking at my brother's 91, which should be the same"ish" as a 95.

you guys and your fancy check engine lights and codes and stuff.

Back