• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ mirrors too small for me!...swap??

NAXJA Forum User
Got a 96 and love it.

....but......to me, it seems like the side mirrors are too small.

My other Jeeps are TJ's with much bigger mirror/glass area.

Anybody ever do, or know of, swaps?

tx!

97+ XJ mirrors are bigger and bolt on with minor work.

you could always grab a set of those towing mirrors that mount on the door via 3 legs... they don't exactly look too nice though :gee:

you could always grab a set of those towing mirrors that mount on the door via 3 legs... they don't exactly look too nice though :gee:

lol! I may be "a billy in desperate need of a hill" but....I'm gonna have to draw the line on that one!

... think I'll go with the '97 and up ones first.

tx!

Another vote for 97+ ones.

if you have electric adjustable mirrors on your 96-down it is fairly simple to set the 97+ ones up to work with the controls, just a few wire splices. The heated mirrors are a bit more in depth, you have to run at least one new wire to each door and tap them into the rear window defrost wiring. I can't guarantee this is accurate, but I believe the black wire with a red stripe at the defrost switch is the one you want. Check your wiring diagrams (FSM preferred over Haynes/Chilton) and decide if you agree before wiring it.

Back