• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bulldog Remote Starter (with T-harness) installation instructions?

01din

NAXJA Forum User
'99 XJ Classic, mostly stock electronics. I've searched here but...

I'm about to install the RS-82 Bulldog remote starter with the Chrysler/Jeep T-harness. There really aren't any directions available, especially for using the T-harness, and Bulldog couldn't really provide any....

Have people used this RS-82 + T-harness? What wires do I still need to splice (that aren't included in the harness connection)?

Thanks everyone -

David

Save your time and effort and take that sorry piece of junk back to where you got it. Bull Dogs engineers need to be fired.

Really? Because the product won't work well, screws with other electrical systems, or will be a nightmare to install?

David

Don't listen to him unless he has personal experience. A lot of people comment on what they heard from a Guy who heard from a Guy who thinks he used it. My brother had one on his Pontiac and it worked fine. It wasnt as featured filled as a viper but was ok.
Preston

Really? Because the product won't work well, screws with other electrical systems, or will be a nightmare to install?

David

The install should be fairly straight forward and simple. It shouldn't cause any issues with other electrical systems...

And I'm ballparking here but I'd say out of the 50 or so vehicles I've installed BullDog electronics in over 75% of them have come back with manufacturer issues. More specifiacally the remotes malfunction and have to be switched out. The keyless entrys (without remote start) computer chip in the "Brain Box" fries a circuit.

I've never used the "T-harness"

Don't listen to him unless he has personal experience. A lot of people comment on what they heard from a Guy who heard from a Guy who thinks he used it. My brother had one on his Pontiac and it worked fine. It wasnt as featured filled as a viper but was ok.
Preston

This is from my personal experience.

For someone to suggest not to listen to advice without personal experience you sure are giving advice without personal experience... Your brother had one. Not you.

I'm not saying that they never work. If they never worked they wouldn't still be on the market. From MY experience they are JUNK!

Before you say "You installed it wrong" I know what I'm doing. I've had Bull Dog certified techs tell me that it's a common issue but they won't say that when they're selling them.

Last edited:
Back