• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Really Lame Question

Voteban

NAXJA Forum User
Sooo... Uuuuh... I searched and tried every way that I could find to program the clock on my overhead display in my 2000 and I just can't figure it out.. :doh:

:mad: How the heck do I change it from Eastern time to Mountain time?? :mad:

Please no:flame::roflmao:

Sooo... Uuuuh... I searched and tried every way that I could find to program the clock on my overhead display in my 2000 and I just can't figure it out.. :doh:

This is absolutely no help at all, but: your overhead console has a clock function?

Clue me in on this if you would, please - mine (also in a 2000) doesn't, and it would be handy if it did.

This is absolutely no help at all, but: your overhead console has a clock function?

Clue me in on this if you would, please - mine (also in a 2000) doesn't, and it would be handy if it did.

Yeah, it does, but apparently it only shows Eastern time ;)

Yeah, it does, but apparently it only shows Eastern time ;)

Wait a minute. Now I get it. *smacks forehead*

That's the Elapsed Time indicator, not a clock. It shows how long the XJ has been switched on for since the last reset.

Hold down the two buttons on the front of the console until you hear the chime to reset it to zero. This will also reset the console's odometer and average fuel economy numbers, BTW - it's an all-or-nothing reset, not selective for each function.

Last edited:
Okay... How did you get it to display the time, or is this a console swapped in from something else?

I'm looking at the 2000 XJ FSM and there's no reference to it having a clock.
I'm not sure, I've only had it for a couple of months, but it looks pretty factory to me... Maybe my XJ is part mini-van? :dunno:

I'm not sure, I've only had it for a couple of months, but it looks pretty factory to me... Maybe my XJ is part mini-van? :dunno:

See above for answer - I was editing as you were replying to the original version of my post.

Hmmm... Seems like a clock to me..
Overhead Console Details:
DSC09048.jpg

DSC09049.jpg

Scrolling Through Modes:
DSC09052.jpg

DSC09053.jpg

DSC09054.jpg

DSC09055.jpg

DSC09056.jpg

DSC09057.jpg

When I reset the one that says 6:56 ET doesn't reset... and if it was Mountain time it would match my time, just the hour is wrong.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Seems like a clock to me..

No, it's definitely not a clock. That was built into the radio on '97-up models, which is why your initial question confused me.

Overhead Console Details:

Looks like the same one XJs left the factory with (and I have in mine).

When I reset the one that says 6:56 ET doesn't reset...

Hold the buttons down in the average fuel economy readout; the reset doesn't work in every function, and that's the only one I can remember it definitely working in. The odometer should also be resettable this way.

and if it was Mountain time it would match my time, just the hour is wrong.

Okay, ask yourself this question: if it's a clock, where is it getting a time signal from? Your three basic options in that regard are the cellular network(s), NIST time signal from the Atomic Clock, or GPS. No XJ left the factory with the ability to read it from those sources.

It's not a clock - it's more of a timer.

Last edited:
Wow! I just went out and reset it while on that mode and it started counting up... What is the purpose of this timer? :eeks1:

Elapsed Time

ET, phone home!

lol... hoe does he get it to central time... omg. and i think you have bigger problems other than synchronizing your watches... you need better fuel economy... lol. u run 44's with 5.44's?

lol... hoe does he get it to central time... omg. and i think you have bigger problems other than synchronizing your watches... you need better fuel economy... lol. u run 44's with 5.44's?

No, I just reset it before a fun day of romping around in the snow in 4Low :laugh3:

Back