• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help Fast I have work in a couple hours

ZJeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Im replacing the u joints at the tc and the rear dif for the rear drive shaft.
I have a 92 with an 8.25 and command trac. stock drive shaft and everything.
The joint i pulled off says Spicer F2-119 but danas web site just says its discontinued and doesnt tell me any new part number. I went to autozone just to try and get it fixed for now but the u joint they gave me doesnt fit. The caps are too big. I checked online and the part they gave me should have been correct but it doesnt fit so now I dont know what to do! What joints do i need?

Spicer F2-119 on one side
1 1/4 SD13 2A on the other side of the joint

I know about the Spicer 1310 but will it work?

Last edited:
try getting the front u-joints. i know it sounds weird but when i replaced mine, had the same issue. rear u-joints were too big, front joints worked just fine.

try getting the front u-joints. i know it sounds weird but when i replaced mine, had the same issue. rear u-joints were too big, front joints worked just fine.

The fronts and rears should both be the same U-joint, even the ones in the CV. I own 5 XJ's right now and they are all the same!

I'm not sure what kind of weird problem you have run into, this is a new one on me!

The fronts and rears should both be the same U-joint, even the ones in the CV. I own 5 XJ's right now and they are all the same!

I'm not sure what kind of weird problem you have run into, this is a new one on me!

Agreed. What part number did they give you? They should be the same u-joints all the way around. Not always the case on a Truck/SUV, but in our case fortunately it is.

autozone (atleast the one near me) had diff part numbers for the front and the rear. prolly just a problem with autozone (or the idiot they have behind the counter) but thats what i had to do to get the correct u-joint.

I ended up just going to T&J because it wasn't too far from home. I got the 1310's and they worked perfectly. My jeep doesn't feel like its about to fall apart anymore! Thanks for the reply's. Oh yeah :lecture: U joints are a bitch without the right tools doing it your first time

Back