• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New(er) style OME Sport Shock

raypla

NAXJA Forum User
The newer ones, has anyone been running them? The one's w/the integral black covering the shaft and some tripple seal technology. Experiences?

I already have the front older style, yellow body, with Medium duty front springs and JC1B packs in the rear, stock shackle.

The other day the bar pin on my rear Driverside rear shock broke now my dang rearend makes a f'n banging noise whenever I hit a bump, becase the shock is floating around up in the shock tower. My inspection is due and I have a feeling they won't pass my truck the way it is.

I was quoted $95/shock

I searched several times and didn't drag much up, sorry if I'm Hasta

Fromw ARB site:

Nitrocharger Sport Shock Absorbers
The latest addition to Old Man Emu’s 4WD suspension range, Nitrocharger Sport is the most advanced and innovative 4x4 shock absorber on the market, and is now available for a range of vehicles. Designed by a dedicated team of OME ride control engineers through an exhaustive vehicle specific development program, Nitrocharger Sport 4x4 shock absorbers deliver the best control, durability and most comfortable ride over all terrain.
Features:
Engineered for both on road drivability and off road touring

Durability proven under extensive laboratory and Outback testing, supported by scientific data logging

Instantaneously adapts to the terrain

The most finely tuned 4x4 shock absorber on the market, with all valving work carried out in Australia by OME’s ride control engineers

Dramatically improved low and high speed control for increased comfort and control over all road surfaces

Fully compatible with Old Man Emu’s extensive range of springs, bushes and hardware for a complete integrated 4WD suspension system

Back-up from more than 120 authorised outlets Australia-wide, and also supported by ARB's international dealer network

3 year, 60,000km warranty

Made in Australia
ARB70SeriesNitroKit.jpg

Last edited:
If I can remember I will keep you posted. I just ordered the 2.5 inch hybrid lift with those shocks. I can't fing wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Just ordered a 2.5" Hybird OME kit from DPG last week, and I upgraded to these shocks. No experience with them yet, but Dirk from DPG spoke very highly of them.

So placed an order from the place I linked in my last post, shipped directly from ARB's USA headquarters in Washinton. Took a while to go clear across the country, left ARB 1/31 and received in NY 2/9.

So I open the package, get to the box, open and imedietly notice there is no black dust gaurd. I don't neccesarily think its a bad thing but I was just taken back. I acctually like the idea of haveing the steel skin there. The model #'s are the correct ones for the rear of my XJ, 60053 is stamped above the bottom mount

And a pic, sorry I couldn't find my cord to download the pics and don't have a flash drive, tommorow I'll get ahold of one.
1297299658.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely keep us posted. I just ordered "sport" N35Ls for my Jeep yesterday.
I also talked to Dirk about them, and he said he would "never go back to the old ones".

Yea there is also a new logo like the one pictured in my first post. I plan on disconnecting my rear swaybar also.

You've been on here for 5 years and haven't gotten rid of your rear swaybar? I have been running OME for about a week and a half now and am impressed so far.

I have the new ones. Put the long travel version on two weeks ago with a RE 3.5 kit. The fronts have the black shields and the rears are still yellow. I am supprised at how nice it rides. This is my first lifted Jeep and I was expecting it to ride like a wagon after I lifted it but I must say it doesn't ride any harsher then it did stock with Sensitracs. I will say that it is slightly under dampened. A little bouncy on wavy pavement. If you have softer springs then the RE ones they would probably be great.

You've been on here for 5 years and haven't gotten rid of your rear swaybar? I have been running OME for about a week and a half now and am impressed so far.

With reason though.

1. I often tow
2. Is my DD
3. Don't wheel enought to make it worth not having
4. The wifey drives it occasionally

Have had my springs for a couple years and everything I've read has steered me to keep the rear sway. I plan on adding either an OME aal or the main spring from my original packs to the JC1B's. Any comments one way or the other?? I realize the OME AAL is the made to compliment the pack but I have the old packs just sitting around and I figure, how much of a difference is there? Is it worth the ~$60?

Good to hear. F/R? or one or the other? Lift specs?

So I finally got them installed. Along with having to replace all 4 top bolts we snapped one axle stud at the thread. My buddy fished the top bolts throught the uni-body into the holes for the top and our "fix" for the stud was to weld the stock washer onto the remaining couple threads that were left. I know it's not the best and am interested what others have done but I wanted to get home to my wife and boys.

Don't be turned off by the reviews saying they're stiff, they're firm but not jarring. Its acctually nice. I have a box in the back, with some supplies say 50 lbs, it puts a little weight on the springs and improves the ride so maybe that is the difference from what others have found.

I replaced some Edelbrock IAS, made by Rincor, for stock height that I bought a year before I decided to lift. Those were a decent improvement over stock and these better those.

I only put ~40 mi on them, all street albeit many potholes outhere, and so far I couldn't have asked for better results. In a couple months, once the trails get wheelable around here, I'll post back with an offroad report.

All i can ever find is the 2" stuff for OME, do they make 4.5" lift shocks/springs that can be purchased separately?

Definitely keep us posted. I just ordered "sport" N35Ls for my Jeep yesterday.
I also talked to Dirk about them, and he said he would "never go back to the old ones".

The reason behind that? The old shocks were awesome and the new ones must be improved a bit but I don't see why you wouldn't go back to the old ones (if an offer was there) when they were great.

The reason behind that? The old shocks were awesome and the new ones must be improved a bit but I don't see why you wouldn't go back to the old ones (if an offer was there) when they were great.

He said the new ones were more responsive, and floated less, and also allowed less body roll in the corners.

Basically, if you want the feel of a big ass caddy floating down the highway, get the old style. If you want a more responsive feel with less sway, get the new style.

I haven't received mine yet to try them out. I was just relaying what I was told.

Back