• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me your loooooooong arms!

Alex E

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to see what long arm kits everyone was running and what they looked like. I'm REALLY interested in TNT Customs because they seem to give the most ground clearance and are tucked away nicely but does anyone run Rough Country long arms? They look pretty nice and the price is beyond awesome for Rough Country long arms. I want pics! I'm open to any other set ups also, whats out there?:lecture:

hahahaha
Long-Arms--67932.jpg

no has run rough country long arms... EVER.

you got to identify what is important to you in a long arm system. ground clearance? 4 link vs radius vs 3 link? belly pan? price? for me personally, id want a removable cross member, so id go clayton. your desires may differ.

here are a few companies to look at:
- tnt (you listed)
- rough country (you listed)
- iron rock offroad
- rubicon express
- BDS
- clayton
- rustys
- yada
- yada
- yada

you could simply google pictures of long arms if you just wanted to see them. have any specific tech questions?

RK 3-link is very affordable...

The only downfall is it doesn't have a crossmember.

Edit:
WOW! They've really gone up on the prices! I paid $295 for my RK 3-link LA upgrade... They want $799 now! wtf!

For me I wanted a 4link rather than a radius set up, but always wished I had a 3 piece crossmember like the clayton setup. I ended up choosing BDS and love it, but now the Clayton has a true 3 link and 4link kit it would be hard for me to go back to BDS.

Since you wanted a pic, I never have any decent pics because I aways for get to take pictures of my heep when I wheeling
CIMG1101.jpg

I like the 4 link set ups, mainly I want something with a nice cross member and the long arms tucked up high with good ground clearance. I want something thats a good overall package (long arm kit only, my Jeep is already lifted) for under 900ish bucks. A belly pan is a plus but it doesn't have to include one.

The hard part is tucking the lowers up so high without jeopardizing geometry due to the frame mounts being to close. You can only move the UCA mount up so high before it goes through the floor... Thats the 1 advantage to radius arms. Only 1 set of frame mounts to worry about.

You dont really have any issues getting over obstacles or getting hung up just because the frame mounts are 1 inch lower.

Poly Performance 3-link, modded TnT belly pan

Just for the record, yes the brackets do hang down 2-3 inches below the frame. With 35's, I never had a problem with them catching on anything. I have scraped them on some rocks and scraped off the zerk fittings from the joints, but it just slides over anything I hit.

Jeep-OC018.jpg

Jeep-OC014.jpg

Jeep-OC017.jpg

Jeep-OC015.jpg

Jeep-OC013.jpg

Poser shots

OBX2010130.jpg

IMG_20100911_142647.jpg

No scary unloading. First pic was just posing on a really steep hill. Second, climbing a scary steep rock face. Caught a crack in the rock and made it up and over.
74582_497230476613_766851613_7168895_7880874_n.jpg

154530_176315052384519_100000180759173_637942_5978150_n.jpg

Last edited:
Alex, i run t&t on my green heep & love them. tons of clearance plus a big belly pan.
my red heep has rustys kit on it. rustys is junk. i think srmitchell has rough country on his but it does hang much lower than the t&t kit.

Back