• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood hinge

egotripp

NAXJA Forum User
This may be a stupid question, but I'm trying to order a hood hinge from rockauto and they have one listed as left side. Is the left side the driver or passenger side? Can't remember if it's when you're looking at it or sitting in the drivers seat?

According to my parts catalog, left = driver side. Assuming you need one for a 97-99 the OEM part number is 5523 5724AB (right) or 5523 5725AB (left.)

Its for the 90 Renix I just picked up from my dad. Rockauto shows the same part number for all though. Thanks much!

Just checked, and there are different part numbers for 87-90, 91-92, 93-96. 87 through 92 had the safety cables next to the hinge, 93-up don't. When I checked the MOPAR parts database all of them list as being superceded by the 97-99 (and probably 00-01 as well) parts, so apparently they are basically the same part.

Almost everything Chrysler did (in fact I can't think of a single counterexample) has left and right called out as if you were sitting in the vehicle, it's fairly standard. I'd bet on aftermarket companies doing the same - to verify though, compare the picture to what you have. The tabs for the hood to bolt to fold outward from the center of the vehicle when installed.

ALL parts are referenced as if you are seated in the driver's seat.

Back