• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bar pin eliminators. Useful with a lift?

willsmysticcobra

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if you guys lifted 3.5 inches or higher think they are worth investing in. My truck in stock form right now ( 99 xj 231 4.0) tends to bounce around and make loud almost bottoming out noises over pot holes and bumps. With my 3.5in rubicon exp kit and new shocks, will that take care of the ever present road noise?

I am sure its the 137k stockish shocks on there causing the noise/ issues

all they do is eliminate the stock bar pin, and replace it with a different style that puts (what JKS calls it) proper preload on the bushing. its supposed to increase bushing life, and yada yada yada. are your shocks new or are they 137k stockish shocks? the BPEs will compress the shock about 1", so youll lose that much compression and gain that much more droop.

if your bottoming out or have excessive road noise, i dont think BPEs are your fix.

I have brand new shocks waiting in a box. Was just checkin in to see if the eliminators were a worthwhile investment

If you have the stock shocks (or replacements), your shocks are not long enough.

Put on longer shocks. That will get rid of the knocking issue.

A number of folks put BPEs in the front to replace the radius mount on top. It also allows you to install one style shock all the way around.

A BPE is a good fix for the classic "I broke my rear shock bolts on the K frame, now what do I do?" issue. You bolt up the BPE to the K frame, remove the pin from the old shocks, and bolt them up.

Road noise is generally a tire issue. Too aggressive a tire pattern will cause road noise, lots of it.

I have them on the front because with a 3.5" lift I got a set of JK Rubicon shocks, which are longer than stock XJ shocks, and the BPE kept me from having to push out the metal sleave in the JK shocks and move the bar pin over.

Don't see any real benefit from a noise or height standpoint...more so just an instrument of convenience.

Back