• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help!!!

jonnybrowne

NAXJA Forum User
help me please
this is just a qeustion about an ecu for an 89 4.0l
the engine is in an automatic jeep right now i would like to put it in an older model that is carberated and a 5 speed will the auto ecu work for me or do i have to find a ecu from a standard cherokee. could some please proide part numbers. thanks

Post up info about the other XJ--year, engine, etc.

hey guys the other jeep is not an xj its an 87 yj 4,2l with an ax15 5 speed trans i want to get rid of the old carbed 4,2 and use my fuely 4.0l like it alot more. its just a toy i'm working on but keep having carb /timing problems with the 4.2. the plan is to build a stroker out of the 4l and put it in the yj. i know i need wiring and pretty well everything from the xj was just unsure about using the auto computer with the manual trans

Ok, shouldn't be a problem.

The ECU and TCU are separate and don't "communicate" with each other on the early XJs. A separate ECU/PCM and TCU was used throughout production of the XJs, but the later OBDII will throw codes on you, but that isn't a problem with the Renix.

Back