• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

De-Lift

HttpWayne

NAXJA Forum User
First off, before I get flamed, I had A1 Suspension install it for me. Why you might ask? My XJ didn't run and I had to leave to come back to NC for work. I had short time and was having the stroker built.

Does anyone know of a how-to on installing (more importantly for me is uninstalling since I need to have it off quick to trade). I have plenty of time to figure out the install, and after taking it off that'll be much easier to figure out.

I never did understand what I was looking at while looking at the suspsension. The front suspension is all I'm concerned about.

What did they install? Coils? Control arms? Track bar? Find the installation instructions and follow them, but with the old suspension parts.

It was a Rough Country 6.5" from 9 months ago, before the X series. Everything you see in the X series seems to be the same. I would just like to know what comes off first, second, third, etc etc. I don't need precise details. Everything just looks equally the same and I don't know which one I should take off first, or if it even matters.

It was a Rough Country 6.5" from 9 months ago, before the X series. Everything you see in the X series seems to be the same. I would just like to know what comes off first, second, third, etc etc. I don't need precise details. Everything just looks equally the same and I don't know which one I should take off first, or if it even matters.

Find the installation instructions and follow them, but with the old suspension parts.

:smootch:

:smootch:

I prefer someone who has done it and knows it well to take 3 minutes to tell me the sequence I should follow as to looking at the simple instructions and learning that I've wasted 3 hours for nothing and having to put something back in place so I can take something else off first.

If you are taking the lift kit off what are you replacing it with? Stock? if so you're going to have some mean rake with a lifted rear and stock fronts lol.

Doesn't really matter what you take off first or what sequence. Jack it up, take the springs off, take the shocks off, take the lower control arms off, repeat for opposite side. Not really rocket science. Things aren't going to blow up if you take them off in a different order.

I'm not really clear on why you are removing the lift but you could probably just replace the springs front and rear and maybe the track bar if it will not shorten up enough.

If you are taking the lift kit off what are you replacing it with? Stock? if so you're going to have some mean rake with a lifted rear and stock fronts lol.

Doesn't really matter what you take off first or what sequence. Jack it up, take the springs off, take the shocks off, take the lower control arms off, repeat for opposite side. Not really rocket science. Things aren't going to blow up if you take them off in a different order.

I'm putting on a 3.5" from another and it will be sitting on jackstands for a while, but I will be replacing tires with 31x1050's.

So that's all I take off? That's it? Everything else is pretty much stock. ?

Well now that I've looked at the kit it looks like it comes with upper control arms, drop pitman arm, quick disco's, and an extended track bar. So I guess if you are wanting to entirely uninstall the kit you need to remove all of that as well. Going to be a rather long process. Guess it won't be as bad as the initial install, seeing as how all the hardware is new and not rusted.

Is there a preferred order to remove these in. ??

Not specifically, but my general approach is to lift the rear first, then the front - so go in reverse for lowering it. This is more of a CYA approach than anything else in case it's not possible to complete the lift in one day and the vehicle has to be moved in-between doing the front & rear - it's a lot less annoying to drive with the rear up in the air than the nose.

Listing the full gamut of things that were replaced in the lift (including anything that may have changed in the steering and/or drivetrain, like an SYE and rear driveshaft or adjustable trackbar) would be helpful; that would give us more to go on. It's sounding like it was more involved than just springs and shocks.

Is there a preferred order to remove these in. ??

Well I would start with the pitman arm and the track bar, if you are going to take these off. Keep in mind even if you are replacing with a smaller 3.5" kit you are going to need a longer track bar still. So do what you will with those then go after the LCAs, UCAs, springs, and shocks.

Back