• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Te Jeeperjohn is awesome and does awesome work thread

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
:D

Figured I'd start a common thread were we could all come and brag on wat Jeeperjohn has done. I know we've got plenty of guys with custom steering, axles, gearing, and various other things. My Jeep is currently spinning a set of 4.88:1 gears in myD30 installed by is expert hands. He also installed the hack and tap SYE on my Jeep whichhas been performing flawlessly for the past 2 years.

Yesterday he built me a beefy new crossmember. I assisted a little with design (I copied Dean's crossmember on his mall-crawler :D) and made the measurements. I also made crooked cuts. Even with my "help", John still put out some awesome welds and we have plans for add'l skidplating off of it when I get some more steel. Pictures to follow.

New UCA mount for Dean's mall crawler, burned on by Jeeperjohn.
Weldingparty1-8-1120.jpg

The whole axle...I'm sure Dean has a better picture, but it is a sexy axle, designed by John and Dean, built by John.
Weldingparty1-8-1126.jpg

Weldingparty1-8-1121.jpg

My crossmember, on the side no one will see, e still went out of is way to make it look good.
Weldingparty1-8-115.jpg

John and the finished crossmember.
Thefinishedcrossmember.jpg

Cleaning up the welds. He made sure to build them up so there'd be enough for me to clean them up without compromising strength, then went ahead and cleaned them up for me.
Weldingparty1-8-1114.jpg

Before it was finished, just to show off how good is welds are. This was before any grinding to pretty it up. His welds are just that pretty on their own. The man can weld.
Weldingparty1-8-1118.jpg

In case anyone wondered what a plasma cutter in action looks like from the underside...
Plasmacutterfrombelow.jpg

Hard at work
Weldingparty1-8-1117.jpg

Mind you this crossmember was built out of a piece of leftover 2x4 box tubing karma'd to me by homebrew via Carol's transportation, and some angle steel I got from paulhead a couple years ago, that I made the mistake of leaving outside, so it was nice and rusty. John put in the work to clean it up so it was usable, and then spent the time welding and cutting and grinding to get it to look its best, all out of the goodness of his heart. ;) I supplied the design and measurements (and crooked cuts for the angled ends - that he cleaned up nicely) and he supplied the skill. Can't wait to get some money together so I can buy my truss, coil pads, and LCA mounts and pay for him to weld them on. If he did the crossmember this nice for free, the work you pay for is gotta be stellar!

Anyone needs work done, call this man, you will not be disappointed by the quality of work provided.

John built Me an axle housing, been in My rearend and left a hose hanging from it.:scottm: :laugh3:Thanks John, You've made wheeling even more Fun.

JeeperJohn-front-axle-001.jpg

JeeperJohn-front-axle-054.jpg

ARB-install-028.jpg

ARB-install-037-1.jpg

ARB-install-039.jpg

I've been Real Happy with these too.

JeeperJohn-Fabwerkz-Logo-MM-pic.jpg

JeeperJohn-front-axle-Ad-copy.jpg

Note the Over the Top JeeperJohn Trak-bar.

Built my track bar and even came up to my place and helped me box it in after the mudslide incident. Also have a set of his motor mounts. Great work and great guy.

Weldingparty1-8-1120.jpg

I don't mean to nit pick but the thickness of this material requires a very powerful welder. Pentration looks limited here and almost zero heat signature. What welder was used? Wire speed seems high too in places.

Last edited:
I'll have to let him correct me on this one, but I believe it was a 220V stick welder to start followed by a Snap On 220V MIG.

I'll have to let him correct me on this one, but I believe it was a 220V stick welder to start followed by a Snap On 220V MIG.
The snap on is a 110V unit but yeah, stick followed by mig. I used a stick machine to penetrate deep into the material then ground down the outer portion of the weld to remove contaminants and then finished it up with mig to get a nice looking weld (this is a mall crawler after all and it must look just right :D).

Good looking work.
So how much for a set of those really nice motor mounts?
Also where are you located JeeperJohn? I would like to meet up sometime and ask a few questions about shock mount relocation Ideas I have!

Asa

John does all my gears and will keep doing them!!! ( no offense ) i will keep doing my own fab, two reasons. first, he is past temecula. second, i can and do!!!!! but if i couldnt do my own Fab work, John is where i would be headded!!!!!!! looking good john, you are a big reason this club is so awesome, you help more than any one would ever hope for!!!! I for one am glad to call you my friend!!!!!

:lickout:

we love us some JEEPERJOHN!

John is that Guay enough for ya?

you owe me 5 bucks:roll:

John does all my gears and will keep doing them!!! ( no offense ) i will keep doing my own fab, two reasons. first, he is past temecula. second, i can and do!!!!! but if i couldnt do my own Fab work, John is where i would be headded!!!!!!! looking good john, you are a big reason this club is so awesome, you help more than any one would ever hope for!!!! I for one am glad to call you my friend!!!!!
I too would have Troy fab up anything I didn't have time to do. He has built some awesome axle housings! :thumbup:

OK john i have 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket..I need my frontend beefed up..What can you do for me..:D..This is a joke, so don't get mad..I don't have 50 bucks...:roflmao:

He did the front axle before i got it..488's gears and junk:thumbup:

OK john i have 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket..I need my frontend beefed up..What can you do for me..:D..This is a joke, so don't get mad..I don't have 50 bucks...:roflmao:

if you had that $50 i would weld on a steering box plate ( out side doubler) but you dont...... :twak:

I would plate your passenger side upper control arm mount for $50 and a newcastle :D

Back