• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running.....cool...???

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
so 90'wagoneer 4.0 auto 242 3.5" RE-SF 35's gears

finally got a good tstat in there (stant superstat) and the jeep has finally been running at ~200 consistently now, it is VERY apparent when the tstat is open as is cools off very fast and very well....

PO had installed all new hoses, waterpump, radiator, overflow bottle, tstat housing and tstat(that failed)

today the temps in the springs were about the 5* mark, the jeep would not get warm, i ended up having to put some cardboard in front of the radiator to get it to warm up.

is this bad? or is it a good sign that the cooling system is working well? again on 32* and up weather the jeep has been running good temp, but at near 0* temps it just wont get warm....

thanks

Re: running.....cool...wtf

you just have a cooling system that is working very well.

well thats good to know. the temps are not getting above 210 at all, so i am not gonna cause anything weird to happen blocking it off am i ?

well thats good to know. the temps are not getting above 210 at all, so i am not gonna cause anything weird to happen blocking it off am i ?

Not until the weather starts warming up again ;)

I've had to do the blocked grille routine on different vehicles in a couple of places I've lived before. Won't hurt anything.

I'm having the same issue with my '99, the needle doesn't even come close to 210, it doesn't even get above 200. I'll probably end up doing the same thing, blocking off some of the flow through the grill.

I'm having the same issue with my '99, the needle doesn't even come close to 210, it doesn't even get above 200. I'll probably end up doing the same thing, blocking off some of the flow through the grill.

Hows your heat? My heat in my 2000 sucked even though the gauge read correct operating temps. Turned out my T-stat was stuck open and one of the hoses only got to a max of 120*. New T-stat and the heat is much better and it seems to run right at 205-210* (using scan gauge II). Most T-stats are junk now and cheaply made. My mechanic friend uses only Stant or factory Mopar T-stats and has a lot of them come back.

Back