• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who uses the RADesigns Rock shifter and rail

gimike812

NAXJA Forum User
I went up the mountain yesterday to play in the snow. My rig did awesome the whole trip untill heading back down. I went to down shift to have the tranny help in compression breaking and only was able to drop to 2nd once and it was difficult to make it do that. Now I can not get my shifter in to 1-2. Only P-N-R-D-3. But when in drive it will shift in all gears so I know it only the shifter and not the tcm.

So now I am thinking it might be time to see about replacing the shifter for the rock shifter from RADesigns. I would also like to get the rail setup to beable to keep it in any gear when needed. My question is who out there is running the setup and how do they like it. I really want to keep the setup all in the stock counsele is there any other Items needed when doing the install? Do you need a seperate switch for the trans to lock up when trying to compression break?

And a torque converter lock up switch would help with the braking....

I run the rail shifter also, with a torgue converter on/off switch. Its one of the best mods Ive done on the Jeep.

Back