• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some tell me what the heck happend to my clutch??????

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok so I finally got everything back together today from the 4.10 axle swap. I went to start it and push the clutch and it was like a brick. So I started it anyway in neutral and thought I woudl see if I could wiggle it in gear and it slid right in. I was like What the? So tonight I went and pulled the slave and it poped out liek a rocket. Drained the fluid and removed it from the jeep for inspection. It was froze up. After some coaxing I got it to move freely again. After putting it back in the master woudl move a little but it woudl not disengage now. My first question is could the brake fluid in the master slave system have expanded some how causing the clutch to stay dissengaged? Secondly, It was sitting from mid July til tonight. Could the springs or something be froze up? If so could they be lubricated dor something? Looks like I get to pull a tranny and put one of the new ones in sooner than I thought.

Dont have a kink in the metal line? That sounds like a neat problem. I've been battling clutch problems on a friends xj. Let me know what you find. Thanks. T.

I think.....

But want know for sure till I get the tranny out. That the pressure plate rusted in the last 45 days (been sitting since the crawl) and froze up. In combination with something getting in the hydrolic system causeing it to expand in the heat. But like I said I dont know till I get in there. So what are his problems maybe I can help. I have been in and out of the system a lot.

Back