• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EXTERNAL TRANNY AND OIL COOLER

XJPRIDE13

NAXJA Forum User
So i got a free tranny cooler with an external fan on it and i was wondering if it would bolt right up to my 98??? it came off of a 90
Another question does anyone know where i can get an external oil cooler to also mount on the front with my trans cooler???? please help with that

So i got a free tranny cooler with an external fan on it and i was wondering if it would bolt right up to my 98??? it came off of a 90
Another question does anyone know where i can get an external oil cooler to also mount on the front with my trans cooler???? please help with that

The tranny cooler will not "bolt right up" but it won't be too hard to make it fit. You will probably have to make a bracket to mount it in front of the radiator. Then you will have to splice into the existing tranny lines to get the fluid to flow to it. Not too hard to do, but not technically "bolt right up".

For the oil cooler you will need to get an oil filter adapter that flows oil through some lines. You would have to get the lines and route them into the cooler. IMO, the oil cooler is probably overkill and not really needed.

Back