• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cold trans line

redneck999

NAXJA Forum User
I had installed a trans cooler last year and decieded to install a temp gauge, I split the trans line under the oil pan close behind balancer and went for a drive 20 mins and the gauge hardly moved, I touched the trans line where i spliced and the line was hardly even warm. Is this normal?

Which line did you put the temp gage on - the line from the tranny to the cooler, or the line from the cooler back to the tranny?

Edit: regardless, in winter mine hardly moves at all. Barely gets over 100* which is the low end of my temp gage.

I Put it the supply line (Foreward line on the side of trans) it was just easier to get to the line to split where it was on the front of the motor. I thought there was a ground problem so i ran a wire from the battery to the brass tee, just bared the wire and wrapped it around a hose cloampand tightened it around the tee.

I believe you'd want the line on the outgoing side of the trans., this gets you the hottest temp. reading...

You should be able to "feel" a difference after operating the XJ for a bit.

Curt

Back