• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not the usual cruise control issue - any ideas

nmdave7

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 97 xj and my cruise quit working. I replaced the vacuum solinoid, checked all the switches,brake switch, etc. I finally took it to the dealer because I keep getting a code 34. All they could come up with is to replace the ecm. Anyone hear of this issue before? I wanted to do a research before I dump a couple hundred on a computer, but I'm out of options.

My cruise control quit on my '01 and it ended up being the vacuum line that led to the servo (on the passenger side under the hood) broke. I would check that.

Checked the vacuum lines, no leaks. The cruise light doesn't even light up most of the time when I try to engage it. It keeps giving the code 34 which could be many different things

Have you confirmed the cruise switch is working? If CC doesn't work and the CC light only comes on intermittently I would suspect a bad switch or ground.

Yes, checked all the resistances for the switches at the ECM connector before I gave up and took it to the dealer for them to look at. Everything appeared correct. I would assume that's why the dealer is telling me its the ECM.

Back