• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unknown Linkage???

Rowan Lake

NAXJA Forum User
I recently acquired a 91 Limited and there is a plethora of added-on wiring under the dash that is not hooked to anything. I took the lower panel off to get a better look and see what was actually needed and there was a linkage cable of some sort that seems to go into the console at the front. It was not connected to anything and there was nothing to connect it to that I can see. It has a bit of "spring-loaded-ness" at the end and a plastic connector molded to the end. The steering wheel still locks fine and the auto trans linkage works as it should as far as I can tell.

Any idea what this cable is?
Yeah, I could pull the console and maybe figure it out, but there are extra wires, lights, and gauges installed in the console on this rig and I don't want to mess with it until it gets a bit warmer outside.

TIA

Last edited:
AW4 transmission with center console shifter?

Likely your Park Lock cable--it prevents you from turning the key to off and removing the key unless the transmission is in Park.

PS--how is the weather in your part of the neighborhood?

Back