• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Different Ox locker Diff covers.

The second one.

The original covers are the machined ones, and the newer ones are the ones that are nearly identical to the Riddler covers.

The one I ordered a few year ago is like the second one. I think most of the vendors have old photos, and there is really no need to change them.

So the flat black one is the one they all ship with now? And is there any way to get the original one because i prefer that one but i guess its whatever.

Well, my first word of advice would be don't even think about buying a locker for a dana 35, ditch the axle and put something that is strong in its place.

You can possibly try calling OX and see what they say? I doubt that you can still get the old ones, since they seem to have changed the design of the cover.

I have an old design cover in the rear, and new design in the front, and the new one has definitely taken a bashing. Any reason why you prefer the old style?

Also,putting a "selectable" in any rear axle is a waste of money(unless your doing extreme crawling).

Lol, well idk there's just something I like more about the old ones. I cant really put my finger on it. Also, as much as everyone says not to put a locker in a d35 i might just end up doing it anyway. I don't off-road hardcore enough to the point where id be breaking parts of my back axle and I don't have enough money to buy a d44 for the rear.

Lol, well idk there's just something I like more about the old ones. I cant really put my finger on it. Also, as much as everyone says not to put a locker in a d35 i might just end up doing it anyway. I don't off-road hardcore enough to the point where id be breaking parts of my back axle and I don't have enough money to buy a d44 for the rear.

A D35, locked or not, with 31's or above is a risk to break just on the street driving. I killed one making a left hand turn at a stop light. (number 2 or 3 I killed, I don't know, there were so many D35's that died under my rig)

Ford 8.8, can be had at the junkyard complete for $150 or so, you get disc brakes, if it's not a "hardcore" rig then get one with the LSD and refurbish it, you'll still be less than the price of an Ox locker for a D35 that no one will buy when you decide to replace it. I know, I have a full case detroit sitting in my garage that no one wants.

The brake upgrade is worth the price of admission, the strength and general non-shittiness of the axle is a bonus.

Please, think of the children before you put ANY money into a D35.

Back