• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hack-N-Tap with an 8.8 YOKE(not adapter)

T to the B

NAXJA Forum User
I'm only wanting to carry one driveshaft with me as a spare. In order to do that, I need to eliminate the flange adapter on 8.8.

This piece:
http://www.kore4x4customs.com/features?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=10&product_id=122

88_Drive_Flange.jpeg

I'm wanting to replace that with an actual YOKE:

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-5767542-ford-8-8-forged-1310-u-bolt-yoke.html

153510d1286289504t-d-i-y-ford-8-8-tj-xj-yj-yoke-1310-f8.8.jpg

My question is does anyone know if I will lose/gain length between the two? I'll be using a stock front driveshaft. To me, the flange-adapter looks to be closer to the TC output than the actual Yoke does.

Can anyone confirm/deny if this combination will work? I'm lifted appx. 5.5"

The adapter is certainly cheaper, but if a shaft breaks on the trail, i'll either need to install or uninstall the 8.8 adapter to fix the break. If I have the yoke on the 8.8, then it would just be identical to changing a front shaft.

Thanks for any help.

I'm running an 8.8 with equal length driveshafts front and rear. I got the 8.8 yoke from Inland Empire Driveline. I have a 242 TC and did a hac"n"tap with a chevy yoke. Have been running this set up for 3+ years with no issues.

I'm running an 8.8 with equal length driveshafts front and rear. I got the 8.8 yoke from Inland Empire Driveline. I have a 242 TC and did a hac"n"tap with a chevy yoke. Have been running this set up for 3+ years with no issues.
How much lift do you have and what transmission? This interests me greatly as I'm working on an 8.8 swap...

My XJ is a 1999. I have an automatic (AW4). Iam at 6 1/2 to 7" of lift. The transfer case yoke I used for my hack "n" tap was a Powertrain Industries 3103-27CV. I used front driveshaft front and rear up to 5 1/2" of lift. Once I went past that I hd a couple of driveshafts made amd had a couple of fronts lengthened for spares.
I used a 1" u-bolt eliminator kit from T&T Customs. It gave me 1" more lift due to the hight of the spring pad. It also gives you 3 spring locating holes, that give you the ability to move the rear end forward or back 1" or in the center - stock position. A great product.

I'm running a flat flange on my 8.25 and I love it. Much stronger and more reliable than a yoke. I understand your desire to have interchangability of driveshafts though. I plan to do a flat flange on my D30 when I can afford it.

It does (probably more like half an inch) but the flange protects the ujoint more.

Back