• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE/hackntap help

clean4drxj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm at 4.5 to 4.75 inches of lift and it'a time to do a SYE, the thing is.. I have a242, I've been eyeballin a few threads on here lately but haven't see/read any feedback on what I"m looking at. What are your thoughts on the RE hackntap? this is for a 96 4.0/AW4/242 and I'm running a dana44 in the rear.
Thanks in advance.

x2. take your time drilling and tapping. its really fairly simple. im using the RE kit as seen in my link in the thread panthercams cited.

Wouldn't use anything other than the Tom Woods / AA kit for a 242. Mine's been in there about 4 years now, and is absolutely smooth. Pricey, but worth it, particularly since it includes the driveshaft.

I have the RE H&T and my buddy has the IRO H&T. Both are using a stock XJ front drive shaft for the rear drive shaft. They both do the job. My H&T has survived 2 week long trips to Moab, no problem.

Back