• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail repair?

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to get a group of people willing to help me do some repair to a few obstacles at Truckhaven. Basically, the big tire guys have been in there digging out the bottom of all the popular obstacles and now only a few are doable by the majority. So what I want to do is take some folks out there and put some boulders and dirt in at the bottom of the obstacles where it is all dug out. I think this will make Truckhaven much more fun for alot more folks who are running smaller tires. I have not set a date yet but I will pending interest in this. Who's in?

John i can go, just can't lift anything yet..Not much help, but i can bring the water for you and others that show to help..(a couple of cases of water)..I got some tools for folks to help dig..

Lemme know a date, and I'll likely be in. Especially if the VA gives me my money and I can pick up a CUCV beforehand.

Same here John, don't know how much help I'll be. I too can bring some tools, and I'll be the "Official Tester Of The Obstacle" .:jester:

Awesome! Looks like we will have a good turnout for this. I will start looking at a good date to do this. If anybody has some good way to move large rocks and stuff short distances post up. How does Saturday January 29th look for everyone?

Awesome! Looks like we will have a good turnout for this. I will start looking at a good date to do this. If anybody has some good way to move large rocks and stuff short distances post up. How does Saturday January 29th look for everyone?
Beside the tractors what about winching with snatch block. Also how big are they?

Anyone have a Ryno or a Mule, any one of the utility vehicles. We can also go Egyptian on it. (Make a skid we drag with jeep)

I'll have the front shaft rebuilt by then, hey anyone know where to get Spicer U-Joints?

Sounds good. Anybody up for staying saturday night and wheeling on sunday too? A daytrip at Truckhaven is not nearly as good as a weekend at Truckhaven :laugh3:

Last edited:
I'm semi-disabled with this funky shoulder issue I'm having, but can still be a lot of help even with only one hand (yes, "that's what he said..."). I'd like to come out and help if I can manage to.

If I can make it, I wouldn't just make a day trip out of it... unless the air feels a need to move at 40+mph or it's pouring water out of the sky... I like to go out Friday night & stay thru Sunday. Or I could just go out early Sat a.m., but would still want to stay thru Sunday...

Back