• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about ADJ Control arms

xj88RoKK

NAXJA Forum User
I recently picked up the add-a-leaf RC 4.5 in kit. Which comes with new Lower Control Arms. I do not have the kit installed yet because I am Having trouble deciding what to do next.

- I want a true 4.5" leaf pack

- I want to add 1.5-2" Coil Spring Spacers and a 1.5-2" block in the rear

Should I invest in Adj Apper Control Arms and call it a day?
OR should I invest both Adj Upper and Adj Lower Control Arms?

I'm planning on running 33's. And I have a set of 15x10" rims with a 3.75" backspacing.

Any Insight would be very helpful.

I would not put a lift block in the rear. Your thinking is correct about full leaf packs. For the rear I would either get a lift shackle or a lift shackle with a set of shackle relocation boxes. For the front I would get full adjustable and drop brackets.

- Get a Full leaf pack and a longer shackle, not blocks

- A coil spacer is fine

- Get adjustable upper arms and control arm drop brackets

With 6.5" inches of lift you also need to consider your steering and drive shaft angles

I received drop shackles with the RC 4.5 kit. I'm assuming they make even longer ones?

I will be hunting for a 4.5 leaf pack in the near future. (when my financial situation is better)

Will the RC (Or RCX I think) Drop shackles suffice? I've already had my eye on those.

As long as I get a pitman arm that says it will work with lifts between 4.5 and 6.5 I should be fine correct?

I am still researching trac-bars and sye's so I will be "in the know" in the next few days.

Back