• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grind while going into Park

49erRider

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry for the double post didn't mean to put this in Mod the first time.

Anyways:

Well I just finished a 2wd to 4wd conversion and after getting it all done when I go into park I have a grinding noise. When going from park to the other gears it's fine its just when going from reverse to park.

Any ideas?

Heres a video:

Just got to thinking would it have anything to do with the driveshafts not being in? Is something still moving as its getting put into park?

Last edited:
It sounds like it could be because the shafts aren't in. It's like putting it into park without your foot on the brakes... All the gears in the transfer case/tranny are still moving (as if your car was still slowly rolling forward), and then immediately being forced to a stop.

That is what makes the most sense to me.

Good luck,
Jeep450r

Yah after a few minutes it hit me that is what it was. I'm doing the Hack n Tap tomorrow so will throw them in after that and then finally this conversion will be done.

Back