• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Man's Extreme Duty Adjustable shackles

I have them. Very beefy. They are long, though. At the shortest length they gave me about 2" lift.

Did they come with something to protect the exposed threads?

If I had those and there were threads exposed I would probably slather those threads with Green Grease and split a hose to wrap around and zip-tie in place.

Cant you just coat them with a thick layer of vaseline?

If I had those and there were threads exposed I would probably slather those threads with Green Grease and split a hose to wrap around and zip-tie in place.

I didnt buy these I went with the 1" boomerang shackles he makes. very beefy. I have bought several things from IronMan4x4fab. Great guy to deal with.

Are you sure you have the same shackles? The website lists them as being for 0 to 3.5 inches lift.

Yep. Two inches is a guess, but they're long shackles. No way they'll give no lift. I have heard that Andy will make them to different lengths though if you ask.

Overall I'm very happy with them.

I read that as giving from 0 to 3.5 inches of lift.

Currently I have the threads wrapped in teflon plummer's tape covered with a strip of black duct tape to color-match it all.

Once I'm happy with the height (waiting to see how much new front springs settle) I'll probably just rattle can the exposed threads.

i think im going to be combining these shackles along with some JKS ACOS. match that with the 3" kit of my choice and some long arms and ive got a fully adjustable kit with a range of 4-7.5".

so im thinking that then i can throw some 33's on my 01 and adjust the height accordingly from there.

now which long arms to buy... thinking either claytons or BDS

i think im going to be combining these shackles along with some JKS ACOS. match that with the 3" kit of my choice and some long arms and ive got a fully adjustable kit with a range of 4-7.5".

so im thinking that then i can throw some 33's on my 01 and adjust the height accordingly from there.

now which long arms to buy... thinking either claytons or BDS

bump

are there any disadvantages of any kind in using ACOS with a shorter coil compared to just running a full length coil and no ACOS...?

I would use the ACOS to maintain desired ride height once weight is added. If you do not plan on adding weight then just run a coil for the desired height.

Reason ACOS $200+ vs. Coil Springs $80-100

I would use the ACOS to maintain desired ride height once weight is added. If you do not plan on adding weight then just run a coil for the desired height.

Reason ACOS $200+ vs. Coil Springs $80-100

and that totally makes sense, but in my case i do plan on adding a bumper and winch. maybe not real soon, but it will def come to that.

my real question i guess is this... are there any negatives to a coil and acos instead of just a full length coil...?(3" coil and Acos around min 1.5" instead of 4.5" coil)

will i get less flex with the coil/Acos than i would with a reg coil?

or should i say, other than the price are there any negatives to the Acos in general?

Back