• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unibody offroaders...

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
... are awaiting your apology.

re: http://jalopnik.com/5723558//gallery/gallery/2

"Serious off-roaders will scoff at a so-called SUV with unibody construction, but we have a funny feeling they're not the new Explorer's target audience."

Andy Steiner
"Purple is the new chrome"

Member:
SoCalXJ.com
NAXJA

========================================

The above is my reply to the author ([email protected]) of the article in URL I referenced. I also included only 4 photos (in case their corporate email system blocks messages that are too large.) Please include a few of your own.

I honestly believe that the author could greatly benefit from a massive email carpet bomb from a great many serious offroaders who wheel our beloved unibody Cherokees. So please pass this message on to your friends and your clubs. You're welcome to use my comments or create your own, but please make sure to include the URL and his scurrilous remark. Needless to say, remove my name, tag line and club affiliations so you can insert your own.

Thank you,

Andy

But none of us are serious offroaders...

And reported for cross postin. Maybe if it was actually someting important...

I apologize. But with three caveats.

1.) It was a Wired article we syndicated -- we couldn't change the text on it.

2.) I think he means specifically a unibody without lockers and with terrible clearance.

3.) I used to own a lifted XJ and can personally attest to its off-road prowess. So I feel your pain.

I got much love for the XJ forumites -- please give them my love.

Ray

I've seen a few well built prerunners but no crawlers.

Check out explorer forum, plenty of crawler explorers.

Unibody's aren't the preferred way for off road rigs, but that doesn't mean they don't work.

There's a reason that unibody's get lots of plating when the rig gets built.

Anyways, the op is dumb for posting this in almost every chapter...

I'd rock the hell out of a SAS explorer...

JP_Right.jpg

SteveLunch.jpg

Back