• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need your opinion on my lift specs.

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a complete 4.5" RE that I pieced together.I am debating on weather I should add a 1.25" coil spacer.I did get springs and shackles that add up to 5".I am going in the morning to get Bilstein shocks,bump stops,drop pitman,steering stabilizer,ubolts etc.Should I add that spacer?I am planning on getting the Bushwacker flat fenders in a few months and I am worried there will be too much wheel well showing?But then again it's only an 1.25" spacer right?What do you guys think?I am going at 8:00 am tomorrow thanks.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have a 4.5" lift in my Heep. I prefer to have the rear sit a bit higher than the front. So, unless you plan on running more than a 33" tire, I don't think I'd do the spacer. I'm running 32s, going to 33s, and can get 12" of travel out of the suspension without any spacers, though my lower shock mounts are lower on the axle than stock.

David Bricker / SYR

Well if you know re lifts they sit high anyways so personally id run it as is and see how it levels out after a few months. There's a lot variables like tire size accesories mounted etc that you need to account for

I already have 33's that are ready to be installed.I plan to get bumpers and winch in the future also.I know the weight from that will affect the overall height.

I'd put it on as is and know you can add the spacer later if you don't like the height or have issues with rubbing or something. Just remember if you get it aligned and then add the spacer it will change again.

I had almost the same problem. My RE 3.5" system rode a heck of a lot higher and stiffer in the back. What I did was take the coil isolator out and just run the spacer without isolator. You'll end up probably 3/4" taller in the front to help level it out IF it comes out raked.

Back