• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on Rim Stiffeners / Rock rings

Hammered

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering what you guys think (good / bad) & do any one here run em, I know theres all breeds of XJ drivers here so - Wanted to get some feedback.

:read:

P1017632.jpg

better than a regular steel wheel

not as awesome as beadlocks.

cant run hammer on wheel weights on the outside, but those get knocked off anyway

pretty much all there is to it.

beats nothing... i think it looks good

but if you try and make those into beadlocks, youre gonna need some really effinbig bolts! :D :D

I always bent my cheapo AR 767 wheels. Those would have helped. You could always use the stick-on weights on the inside lip of the wheel.

I'll be honest - The pic is of mine. I bought these rims specifically for this purpose and had the rings lazercut. Yeah I welded em, look like my mom welded them but hell theyre not supposed to be Bling. they'll take a beating.

I searched this subject rock rings / rim Stiffeners and found nothing so started a thread. Thanks for the feedback... Really for the wheeling I do these will be perfect, the rims can get banged up & I wont have to worry about bent lips. Beadlocks are a little overkill for my situation.

One last thing. I gotta say Black Rock rims are like twice as thick as Cragars, theyre pretty damn beefy.

:farmer:

Looks great, could have used those on my Cragars. I want something like that for my MT aluminum wheels because the fake lock rings are taking a beating.

Really for the wheeling I do these will be perfect, the rims can get banged up & I wont have to worry about bent lips. Beadlocks are a little overkill for my situation.
:farmer:

Beadlocks may be overkill, but I just got my DIY weld-up 15" beadlocks shipped for under $250 for all 4 wheels. What did the stiffeners cost you for all 4? My guess is that for the average wheeler the extra $$ for beadlocks is worth it over the cost of the stiffeners in retrospect.

I'm thinking airsoft BBs - F the outside weights

not sure what tires ya running.

but i am perfectly happy with my lack of wheel weights on my 35" km2's

i threw some on the inner lip (yes you can just balance on one side and its fine) for my 10k mile cross country trip and I didn't notice a difference at speed. they soon got knocked off from rocks anyway

the worst tire took about 3.5 ounces

^^ Agreed, I've never had outside weights on any of my wheels. I always have them put on the inside and have never had a balancing issue.

I had them TIG'd on my H2 rims for my MJ.

Haven't run them yet since the whole build isn't done yet, but after seeing the beating that H2s get from the rocks, I'm glad I spent the money. I also got a deal on some Inner Air Locks, so I'm not sorry I didn't get weld-on beadlocks.

IMAG0276.jpg

I had them TIG'd on my H2 rims for my MJ.

Haven't run them yet since the whole build isn't done yet, but after seeing the beating that H2s get from the rocks, I'm glad I spent the money. I also got a deal on some Inner Air Locks, so I'm not sorry I didn't get weld-on beadlocks.

everyone and thier mom has those. but you know this.

Back