• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Rattle...Isolators?

BostonIrish

NAXJA Forum User
How many exhaust isolators are there on a 99 Cherokee...I can only see 2..1 by the tranny mount and 1 by the tailpipe...am I missing 1? I get a really annoying vibration from the exhaust at idle.I'm thinking its the isolators.The PO had the exhaust replaced from the ex.manifold back...I did the ex.manifold swap after finding a crack, but the vibration noise is still there.

dont know about a 99, but both my 95 and my 96 have 3. at the trans cross member, in front of the rear axle (hanger) and at the tailpipe.

I've always had to tweak the tailpipe a bit so that it misses the rear shackle on the passenger side.

I've always had to tweak the tailpipe a bit so that it misses the rear shackle on the passenger side.

My spring is contacting my rustys tailpipe. I was debating on taking it to the local muffler shop(who welded it on) and see if they can adjust the hanger. Or, I was thinking just trying to beat it an inch away from the spring...

Back