• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intro & pic

seigeXJ90

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, new to the XJ scene and forum.... just got me a 90 4x4 4L i-6 in bad (not terrible) shape but cheap and still drivable... Live in the SB Mountains so I needed a 4x4 for the winter... Got a lot of work to do to it so i'll be on here a lot....

Thanks for the info on the forum...

5317027889_fd7d72e581.jpg

Welcome. Where in the San B. Mtns. are you?

Welcome,
You came to the right place.

Keep a eye out for a meet and greet. It's a good place to introduce yourself and meet some really cool and helpful people.

Thanks for the welcomes... i'm in Crestline... and I will keep you in mind when i upgrade if you're interested.. unfortunately it only has 3 jeep wheels the other one was probably from pic-a-part ... looks like it was off an olds or something.. :)

Welcome!

I have one of those steel wheels (I think it's the same, no centercap though...), with a tire with some street tread left... if either of you (John or Seige) want it, I can get it started up your way, at least...

Bad angle, but it looks like you may have a gold honeycomb "limited" rim on the driver's rear. Still Jeep, just not terribly Jeep-appropriate on most rigs...

Anyone need a good condition STOCK spare and rim, and/or a grey stock spare tire cover? Spare has some tread--3/32" above wear bars, maybe? Bridgestone Dueler.

JeepRim1.jpg

No pic of spare tire cover, typical grey vinyl with the grey carpet insert on the face, fits over stock spare in stock spare location.

The tire & rim I have are free to a good home (as well as the spare tire cover, if you want it). I posted them in the Karma 2010 thread in November, haven't tossed them out yet (as you're a new user, I suggest you "subscribe" to the Karma 2011 thread in SoCal, as folks offer up stock & mild parts as they upgrade, as well as other random things--we all hate to throw away perfectly good unwanted parts).

I live in San Diego, and am trying to think of how best to railroad a tire & rim toward Crestline in a timely fashion...(if you're new, "Railroad" or "Parts Train" means "transporting parts from one person to another via one or more other people..." aka usually free, just may take a while).

Do you come "down off the mountain" at all? I can get stuff to Orange County or San Gabriel in LA area fairly easily thru one friend. I'll see someone I think lives in Lake Elsinore sometime in the next week or two. I'll be seeing friends from Chino Hills on the 22nd... I'll be going to Johnson Valley (near Joshua Tree, up 15/215/thru Beaumont) in mid Feb... I have friends that get to go Snow Wheeling in Big Bear somewhat often, and could probably get it to one of them...

We can figure it out, somehow, I'm sure.

You can call or text me at six19 six54 nine758 if you'd like, or send me a PM on here.

Carol

Thanks much for the offer.. really liking this forum ... I work in riverside and have no problem driving down to elsinore or chino hills .. you name it... i'll offer up my honeycomb as a replacement for free on karma then also.. sorta pay it forward like

Damnit you caught me :) I'm married gotta take what I can get

lol...:D

welcome, sir.

This is a great board with tons of info. It's made my year and a half of ownership a breeze.

I've only had a few minimal issues (radiator, alternator, few sensors) with some 18 year old parts that were really just ready to be swapped out. A trip to pep boys each and I was back commuting and running flawlessly again.

I think if you do your part by performing some baseline maintenence, (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coolant/fluid drain and refill, filters, etc) you'll be well on your way towards enjoying a great rig.

well mine's gonna need a bit of an overhaul.. but thats why I bought it... need a hobby and all my other ones are expensive ... oh wait.. doesn't JEEP stand for .. oh never mind...

And I have visions of youtube mudding videos dancing softly in my head btw... :) I can dream can't I?

Thanks much for the offer.. really liking this forum ... I work in riverside and have no problem driving down to elsinore or chino hills .. you name it... i'll offer up my honeycomb as a replacement for free on karma then also.. sorta pay it forward like

Ok, I'll see if I can get Chip Clip Ryan to grab the rim when he picks up his leaf springs... he lives in Elsinore, I think; he'll be working down in my area the next week or two. If that doesn't pan out, I'll get it to Chino Hills around the 23rd.

Back