• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running this combo??

NewToJeeps

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

Jeep badly needed brakes, so I am in the process of replacing brakes all around...

Just installed rear brake shoes and drums (Napa brand) from Fairfax Auto Parts.

I ordered the front brakes and they should arrive sometime this week. The combo I got is Centric Premium Replacement rotors (OEM spec), and Hawk LTS pads. These were purchased from Autoanything.com

I'm wondering what kind of braking characteristics I'll be getting with performance pads up front, but with OEM junk in the back... anyone?

2000 Classic 4x4 Stock
147k miles
Auto

You should do very well with the Hawks in front. Rears are not so important as they only do 20% of the braking at most.

I've read only good things about the hawks, and their bedding in period seems shorter than most other performance pads.

However, I'm unsure of the rotors, as I've found it difficult to find reviews combined with these pads.

In my experience, the pads are more important than the rotors when it comes to stopping. A high quality rotor will prevent warping due to high-temps or quick temp changes (running hot rotor thru cold water) but in my experience did not do much for braking improvement.

Note that this is all "seats-of-the-pants" stuff and not measured in any way. YMMV.

Back