• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear disc brakes on Chinese XJ

Really?! Can you take some pics for us of the whole Jeep in and out? What model was it?

XJguy

Chinese

YUP! What Hintonsooner said....
No, I can't take pics! It can cost me my job if I get caught with a camera on the premises (Chrysler Tech Center). I'll ask @ work around about the disc brakes.

BLUTO :)

Here it is Jeep 2500 looks sweet!!!!

Sadly enough we will newer see it !!!!
I dont get it!!!!

this link should work ....

http://www.jeep.com.cn/jeep2500/jeep/about_outline.htm

Damlier Chrysler excec's are nuts for not bringing this back to NAO market ... it would solve the existing identity and sales crisis Jeep currently has with the Liberty.

Have you seen what's on the drawing board for Jeep ?? ... DC has lost my business for good !!

If DC pulled their head out long enough they would sell more Liberty's in China than in the USA ... that way we can pawn-off our sh*t on China for a change !!

Damn ... what a bunch of fools.

Last edited:
Love the new grill work....but...you guys know that those of us who use our Cherokees off-road are so few compared to the grocery getter type owners. I like some of the new concept Jeeps and I am not a total straight axel kinda guy. If done well IFS can work well....unfortunantly IFS has only been done well by the old Fords and not since.
Jeep exspects us to gravitate to the Rubicon....plain and simple.

Untitled-5_r1_c1.jpg
Untitled-5_r1_c2.jpg
Untitled-5_r1_c3.jpg

gawd I would love to have this as my DD. this thing kicks ass!

that is it. DC has screwed everybody in the US. ever since 87 after Chrysler bought out AMC. it was downhill from there. everything got replaced from Steel to aluminum! and from that to plastic. wtf? DC is a bunch of Ftards. I cannot belive they would sell a part of the american culture thats been with us so long, to another country, and sell us a washed down shitbox libirty. I seriously cannot understand how these idiots in DC think. EVERYTHING they have done from 87-present has been a downhill game. and they cannot still get it through there heads, that is shuved sooo far up where the sun dont shine. I was thinking and thinking very hard, but still did not come with any reason why these j#$k offs do what they do.

BTW: as far as the rubicon comming out from DC. that is total BS. Hyrbrid 44/30? wtf? why not go with a full D44. or even better a HP44 like XJs came with in Sougth america? even prooves my point further. DC sucks!. Rubicon was produced soaly for marketing, a marketing gimic thats all it was. Just go to JU/ rubi section 75% of RUBI owners are bitching cuz DC is not warrenting their stuff because they took it offroad. does it make any sense?

you get my point:)

Last edited:
MONEY ....MONEY .....LESSER SPENDINGS ...BIGGER PROFITS !!!!

I AM FROM EUROPE, WAS BORN THERE, ALL MY LIFE I (SINCE I STARTED DRIVING) HAVE DRIVEN DIESELS FROM TINY 1.3 ECODIESEL VW TO POWERFULL 1HZ ( I BELIEVE 4.2L) ....HERE SPOILED PEOPLE DON'T GET DIESEL TECHNOLOGY EXCEPT TRUCKS (DODGE, FORD, CHEVY), MOREOVER, THEY CANT EVEN MAINTAIN GAS ENGINES OFTEN TIMES RUNNING THEM TO DEATH....
IT'S ALL ABOUT MARKET AND SIMPLE REFUSAL TO ACCEPT WHAT OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE .....PLUS STUPID EPA and DOT RULES AND REGULATIONS!!!!
I GIVE UP ......AND WONT BE SURPRIZED IF DC DECIDES TO MAKE WJ OR TJ IFS or IRS ....I HAVE GIVEN UP ON ALL THOSE GUYS AND ALL US AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY... :hang:
NEVERTHELESS, I OWN A REAL PEICE OF AMERICAN HISTORY 98 XJ SPORT!!! I AM PROUD TO BE ONE OF MANY WHO TRULY AND DEEPLY LOVE JEEP CHEROKEE IN ALL ITS SQUARE BEAUTY !!!!
:cheers:

I agree that DC was the downfall of Jeeps. sure we got the mopar parts network, but who buys dealor parts?

I'm glad I got an 87, I don't think I'll go newer. I like seein' all the AMC logos and none of those star things.

Did XJs ever come with AMC logos on the outside? all mine are in the engine , underneath, on the key, and the seatbelt buttons. I guess in 87 it was chrystler selling amc built stuff, and they tried to hide it? I need to get some emblems, all I got is a window sticker I made.

yes there is AMC XJs 84-87 I belive... pop the hood or the driver door and emmissions tag say "AMC corporation" and the registrations info aswell right in big bold letters, CHrysler didnt get there dirty hands on the XJ yet so there is no g@y chryco star on those XJs.

This is DC's brainstorm and shortcoming at it's best .... introduce a new model and give it an all-american name like "Liberty" ... thinking they will capitalize off the american culture.

Then re-tag a proven seller in the USA ... transfer the tooling and marketing effort... capitalize off the Jeep heritage overseas knowing that 1.5 billion Chinese would probably eat it up.

You would think Chrysler would learn by their mistakes during the 70's and 80's when they bastardized their entire line and wound- up with a K-car----equivalant to the "Liberty".

Then they drop a wedge-motor with Hemi-style heads in a truck for god sake ... knowing trucks sell anyway ... knowing every Mopar nut wanted a Hemi motor when they couldn't afford it ... Pathetic !!

This is all about seezing the nostalgic movement using name badges and logos ... obviously not about the Jeep heritage, design and engineering.

What a waste ... I'm moving to Fords.

bchulett said:
What a waste ... I'm moving to Fords.

and so, how much lift do you need on a :cough: WIMPY :cough: Ford Escape to run 31's?

bchulett said:
This is DC's brainstorm and shortcoming at it's best .... introduce a new model and give it an all-american name like "Liberty" ... thinking they will capitalize off the american culture.

Then re-tag a proven seller in the USA ... transfer the tooling and marketing effort... capitalize off the Jeep heritage overseas knowing that 1.5 billion Chinese would probably eat it up.

Actually, the Beijing Jeep deal goes all the way back to AMC, and they didn't "transfer" the tooling, they licensed BJ to produce a model of the Cherokee when it was still alive and well here in the yoo ess of ay. The BJ2500 is basically an updated clone of the XJ, but BJ also has a stretched version with a higher roof in the back called the Super Cherokee. It comes with the 4.0L engine, AW-4 tranny, and looks to be exactly what DC should have introduced instead of the Liberty.

Back