• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c condenser repurposing

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any experience with re-purposing the stock a/c condenser into a steering fluid cooler? I searched for a write up but could not find one. Can someone point me in the right direction. Also is this even possible?

the purpose it to disipate the heat from 4wheeling in the summer with a front locker. I was told that the steering fluid can get really hot from all the movement especially when running a front locker. I don't know if this is true or not but if it is I wanna protect against it.

My front aussie worked over a reman pump good. Always getting hot noisey and inneffective, and occasionally blowing fluid out. I put in a new pump and ran two of these in front of my rad http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/translife-coolers.html the 16,000lb ones. One for the tranny and one for the cooler. Very good idea, and I went last summer without an issue. We will test it out again ths year with hydro assist

So it's a good idea,
But I'm wanting to convert the a/c condenser which is not being used since i converted my a/c to OBA.
I'm not trying to buy a bunch of new stuff, call it recycling. besides why not use what i already have.

So has anyone done this or know of it being done?

Back