• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help, wire schmatics for steer colum? 89xj

BigRedMachine

NAXJA Forum User
i have a mess for steering colum wires. I am going to rewire my ignition and everything else in my steering colum but i don't know what wires do what. My steering colum broke the last trip to harlan and when i pulled it apart the wires are all over. Some wires I will not be rewireing like blinkers or windsheild wipers and cruise but i need power to the acc and starter.

The only wires on the column are for blinkers, wipers, cruise and the like. The ignition switch is mounted to the base of the column and the harness plugs into it and the switch is controlled by an actuating rod from the key cylinder.

See the sticky at the top of the forum re: FSMs.

The only wires on the column are for blinkers, wipers, cruise and the like. The ignition switch is mounted to the base of the column and the harness plugs into it and the switch is controlled by an actuating rod from the key cylinder.

I need more help with this. when i took my steering colum off it was in pieces. i need to know what needs to be done to get my jeep to run again. there are two acuating rods where the colum use to be. if if pull one it seems like it gives power to the jeep but the other doesn't do anything.

The larger dia. rod on top of the column runs from the ignition lock down to the ign switch. The smaller dia. rod on the left side runs from headlight dimmer lever down to the dimmer switch.

The question here is how does he eliminate his ignition switch? How do you hook up an on switch and a starter button?

Back