• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Hard Line Damaged - How To Fix

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
Sure, changing the fluid and filter on my AW4 ('99) should have been a simple thing, but being me, it never is. After replacing the filter and putting it all back together I noticed that I have a really bad leak coming from the hard line right at the coupling where it goes into the AW4 (the front most port).

Anyway, I pulled off the coupler to find the hard line had a bad crease on it and snapped away from the coupling.

Looking at the coupling I don't see how the hard line would connect. Is the hard time and the coupling one part?

I need to drive the Jeep to work on Tuesday so I'm really looking for some kind of fix where I can get the parts and get them installed in time. Being New Years most places won't even be open.

I guess what I'm asking for is suggestions on how I can fix this easily, quickly, and as cheap as possible.

I was thinking about finding a fitting to install into the AW4 that I can connect a rubber host to and then use a hose clam to secure the other end of the rubber hose to the hard line. Only thing I can think of.

What size if the hard line tubing? Anyone know the thread type on the coupler that screws into the AW4? Maybe a fitting that would work?

Anything....?

I believe I've seen a pack of the 'quick disconnect' plastic inserts at Advance. Should be available at other chains. Size, I'm not sure. But, if you've got the old one out, take it with you to compare. They may be in the Dorman 'HELP' section. Good luck, and let us know!

Looking like I'm going to Summit Racing on Sunday to pickup some fittings. Good thing their flagship store is only about 40 minutes from me.

Another quick question. If I'm looking at the passenger side of the AW4 which is the return and which is the outgoing hard line?

the little Mrs. will be in Kent and Doylestown around 9:00 tonight, but I don't have any spares to send up with her-- good luck leaving the Summit toy store with only the adapters:wave1:

Back