• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sounds like a helicopter is following me...

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
on the highway with my 96 auto D35 D30 4.0 Aw4. It happens at most speeds, but only I can hear it (I'm always listwning for a change in all the noises it makes).
On the highway it sounds like there's a helo way behind me, just a constant rotation soft lub lub lub.

it's definitely coming from somewhere in back. At first I thought it was the tires but after throwing on new km2s (30s oooooh! lol) it's still there. The sounds blends in to the tire noise, but still at 65+ it sounds like a helo is a couple hundred ft behind me or like way bigger bias tires out of whack a bit..
Any thoughts? I don't really know what ds vibes feel or sound like so.....
It's been there for a while......I'd like to figure out at least what's doing it and fix it when/if I can.

Last edited:
I don't know, but usually when it sounds like a helicopter is following me a helicopter is following me. I think the last time I heard the noise I was mtn biking and some guy in a robinson would not leave me alone doing extremely low altitude circles around me and landing on adjacent hill tops.

I don't know, but usually when it sounds like a helicopter is following me a helicopter is following me. I think the last time I heard the noise I was mtn biking and some guy in a robinson would not leave me alone doing extremely low altitude circles around me and landing on adjacent hill tops.

Were your shorts pulled up?

Might have been a crack addict pilot!

is it lifted? because i know the 97- Cherokees have drive shaft vibration issues with the u joints because of the extreme angle of the drive-shaft. other than that its probably just because your getting chased down by the popo

Back